Pages

Thursday 17 August 2017

Mother! Trailer #2. August 2017.



So, two days after I watched the first  trailer for Mother! Paramount Pictures offers us trailer #2, which seems to be called Wife.

Oddly, the word, "Wife!" doesn't sound as scary as the word, "Mother!" I can only leave it to psychologists to work out just why that would be.

But, the trailer, did it make any more sense to me than the first one did?

No it didn't.

It's basically ninety nine percent composed of Jennifer Lawrence walking around her house. I must confess that I spend lots of my time walking around my house and, fool that I am, it had never occurred to me that I could make that mundane feat into a journey into terror simply by adding an overwrought soundtrack to it. This inability to spot an opportunity is the reason I've failed to terrify anyone in my entire life. Needless to say, this lesson has now been learned and I shall be a nightmarish experience for anyone who meets me from now on.

Also needless to say, I remain none the wiser as to just what's going on in the film. But it still looks intriguing and I live with genuine hopes that watching it may turn out to be a decent, if gloomy, experience.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...